Meeting Minutes January 2009
The January meeting of the Rochester Amateur Radio Club was
called to order by President Peter Wollan, N8NHD, at 7:01 in room EH-109 at the
RCTC campus. There were 30 members present.
Peter started the meeting with introductions.
Rochester Amateur Radio Club
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Savings: (note 1)
Transactions this period:
IBM United Way:
Web Site Server:
RPU - 1Q09
1 - Includes repeater reserve fund, pending ARRL insurance payout
mailing of $450.00.
Membership status: 33 club members paid for as of the start of the
RARC 2008 Annual Financial Report at:
Meeting Minutes: The December 2008 meeting minutes
- Peter, N8MHD, is doing a presentation on software antenna
- The February program will be on the APRS kits obtained
through the IBM grant.
- There are still talks about doing a kit build night
Technical Committee- Rob KCØFOW
- The Tech. Committee did not meet.
Public Service- John NØHZN
- The Frozen Goose run will be held February 7th.
- Med City Marathon will be May 24th
- The Diabetes Tour de Cure will be May 30th
- Rob, KCØFOW, was presented with a Plaque for his help
with last years event.
Med ARES- John NØHZN
- Renamed MedCom
- First meeting is coming up soon
- Contact John, NØHZN in you are interested in joining, you
don’t need to be a Mayo employee
ARES- Bob ABØBW
- Taking orders for new ARES vests
- ARES logo badge has to be bought separately, available
from the ARRL website
- Pictures for new ARES badges were taken and those that had
pictures taken previously were given their new badges
- Some changes have been made to the badges including adding
a frequency list on the back side of the badge
EOC- Steve WØSTV
- Had a budget meeting
- Wanting a Volunteer staff as liaisons to other
- Need to have a list of skills and be available to train 3
or 4 times a year
- Need to be available for EOC/EM-50 call ups
- Looking for about 10 people
- Need to be careful about other commitments that may take
place with those events
- Off topic Steve announced that he will be running Echolink
from his house on the 146.625 repeater
- The Skywarn training will be held on March 16th
at 6:30pm at the Rochester International Event Center
- VHF contest starts Saturday at 1:00 and goes until Sunday
- North America QSO party Saturday and Sunday
- Minnesota QSO part coming up soon
- Not sure if the $1000 is still reserved
- Pending talking with other people
- Talking about starting with no budget for that committee
but having any needs for funding submitted to the club as proposals
- Starting discussions
- May want a few more people on the committee
- Field Day will take place June 27th and 28th
- Field Day discussion will be in May
- Generator for the 146.820 repeater is waiting on the
reimbursement check from the amp.
- Expo Committee has been established
- Being headed by Scott Wright, KØMD
- Discussing weather to have one this year or wait until
2010 but start organizing this September the later one being most likely
- Technician level radio class is set to start April 25
The Business meeting was adjured at 7:36pm.
Respectfully submitted, Bryan Borland, KCØWIJ
Tonight’s program was on antenna modeling. Peter, N8MHD,
talked about the biases of the modeling software. He also discussed the
different versions of the N.E.C., Numerical Electromagnetics Code, software. He
also demonstrated different antenna models that have been done by the software
designer and some examples that people at the meeting wanted to see what they
would look like.