RARC Meeting Minutes – September 2010
approval of minutes, passed.
Treasurer's report, membership
Rochester Amateur Radio Club
Treasurer's Report: Tuesday, Sept 14, 2010 (2 months)
Transactions this period:
Membership status: 96 club members
VP's report, programs: Program tonight is DX spotting and Reverse Beacons
- The MFJ antenna analyzer we own is now working again on its own.
- Tiny trackers are working in in public service events
- .82 cabinet- still looking for shelves within budget of previously approved amount.
- 440 is down permanently however we have been awarded with a Pepsi grant and
we have a quote for a DSTAR Controler, 440 rptr, and support software. Future
presentation will be given once all the details are figured out.
- Events have been completed for the year. Last one was a new event, The
- Bill, KØRGR DEC for District 1 announced new assignments, Bob ABØBW promoted
to assistant DEC, B.J. KCØNPF EC for Dodge County, Rob KCØFOW is the new
Olmstead Co. EC.
- Minnesota ARES has a portable rptr for deployment.
- District 1 ARES drill October 23rd.
- October 15th Statewide FEMA hospital drill
- Bob ABØBW working on linking the entire District 1 rptr
- John NØHZN met with new emergency operation leader for Mayo Clinic to define
and clarify roles.
Emergency Services (EOC)
- EOC move in November next to the Red Cross building.
- EM-50 is working on an ATV system, already rx capable, working on a go-pack
- Grant KCØJOO donated a dual band antenna to the EOC, Thanks.
- North American Sprint this weekend 9/18-9/19
-CW class, every other Wed, 7pm SH 109.
-Informal Net 147.255 rptr at 9:00 pm Monday Nights.
-Route 66 One the Air event 9/11 - 9/18
- Motion to donate the non-working 440 rptr to Dave KCØUCN as a thanks for all the volunteered work hours on technical aspects of the gear. Motion passed
- Motion to increase the amount budgeted for the .82 cabinet from $250 to $400 with the addition of a watt meter. Motion Passed
- Motion to direct Pespi grant funds towards DSTAR rptr purchase and an additional $1800 to supplement the grant to cover the full cost of the rptr. Motion passed
Sprint next weekend.
Motion to adjourn: Passed
Submitted by Rodney, KDØEBT
Last update: September 15, 2010