RARC Meeting Minutes for June 9th, 2015

  • Meeting called to order by President, Dan at 6:37pm
  • Treasurer's Report
    • Attached below here.
    • Smile.Amazon.com - any purchase on Amazon using RARC gives 0.5% of all purchases back to the club. Please do this if you perform Amazon purchases help out the club financially.
  • Minutes from last month's meeting
    • Motioned and passed to approve last month's meeting minutes.
Opening Balance $4,363.44

Dues $25.00
Radio Sale $200.00

RPU $41.16

Closing Balance $4,547.28

Opening Balance $4,692.32

Interest $0.03


Closing Balance $4,692.35

Cash on hand $40.00

Total $9,279.63

  • Reports:
    • Public Service:
      • Triathlon on the 21st, needs assistance so please sign up if you can.
      • Rochesterfest Parade on the 26th.
      • After the parade there is a break until August 22nd.
    • Education:
      • 1 more class end of July
    • Technical Committee Report:
      • Recent issue with repeater - strong signal out NE side of town that was overloading the repeater
      • Repeater tower was recently painted
      • Discussion of hiring a climber to perform repair/upkeep on the 82 repeater - get bids from various tower climbers
      • Dan and Steve will talk to some climbing companies to get an idea on prices
    • Club equipment as repayment for Pat's farm location during field day
      • Some extra equipment was located at Pat's farm. Since the club uses his location for field day he would get one of the pieces of equipment (Kilowatt antenna tuner) as repayment for past, present, and future Field Days his location.
      • A motion was proposed and passed to give Pat the above mentioned piece of equipment, he will continue to pay club dues.
      • Inventory of all additional club equipment at Pat's farm is needed - a large amount of equipment is out there.
      • Proposal to take equipment and Ebay/otherwise sell it - an individual is needed to sell, package, ship, and take care of whole process for the club.
      • Some of the equipment will be used for Field Day - next RARC members can acquire any equipment they are interested at a fair price. Then lastly any equipment remaining can be sold off.
      • Pat will get approximate prices for items based off of Ebay - if you are interested in any of the equipment please purchase it before or on Field Day.
    • Contests:
      • VHF/UHF contest this weekend - 1p Saturday the 13th to 10p Sunday the 14th
  • Old business:
    • Next meeting at the new firehouse - July 14th is the next meeting.
    • New grant for up to $2000 for public safety equipment or professional development - discussion of items we could use for this grant. Further research is needed on this topic - John and Robert will look into this. August 1st is the deadline for the grant.
    • Dan will get a gift card for KOA
  • New business:
    • Foxhunting team will be formed with the club - once a month event that any RARC club members are welcome to join. Would start at Field Day for the 1st meeting and also one at the picnic.
  • Field Day:
    • Club Public Information Officer will develop some communications for Field Day:
      • Pre-press release will go out starting Monday for TV and radio stations as well as websites.
      • Press releases will also go out to some local government officials.
      • Local groups such as law enforcement and emergency services will be contacted too.
      • 3 days before Field Day - a press alert will go out as well.
      • GPS will be able to find Field Day location
  • Introductions were performed.
  • Meeting adjourned at 7:20pm
  • Program for this month was Field Day discussion/finalization before Field Day occurs on June 27th.
Minutes recorded and reported by Drew, KC0CJP, Secretary.