RARC Meeting Minutes - November 2002
The November meeting of the Rochester Amateur Radio Club was called to order at
7:30pm, Tuesday 11/12/02, by President Dave Peterson (K7CJO), with 33 members and guests present. The unusually late start time was due to the program being presented before the meeting rather than after, see below.
- Minutes from the October meeting were approved as
posted on the web site.
- Treasurer's Report by Bob (KCØGND): Tuesday, November 12, 2002. Dues for 2003 are being collected!
Major transactions this period:
- 501c3 donations - $64.08
- 2003 dues - $75.00
- Telephones - $42.24
- '.82 Repair (new amp) - $608.81 (insured loss)
- Technical Committee - Stew (WØSHL):
- The .82 repeater repair saga continues. The old amp was declared dead, and a new replacement has been purchased. The lightning that killed the amp also damaged the controller, and there are other problems. Repairs are in progress, and the repeater will be shut down for 2 to 4 weeks till everything is in place.
- Boy Scouts - Bob (ABØBW):
- JOTA report: 3 club members ran a station, and about 8 scouts attended, for a very successful session.
- Membership - John (KØKTY):
- There are two new members, for a total of 108 now.
- Class - Niel (WØVLZ):
- There are 5 students in the class, and it is going well. There are 3 sessions to go before the exam session.
- DX - Stew (WØSHL):
- Stew will be giving a monthly DX report, to help increase DX activity in the club.
- Nominations - John (NØHZN):
- The nominating committee presented its proposed slate of candidates for club offices: President, Fred (K4IU); VP, Erik (KFØS); Treasurer, Bob (KCØGND); and Secretary, Peter (N8MHD). Final voting will be next month, at the December party/meeting.
- Next month's meeting will be a party, Tuesday December 10, 7:00pm, at the Dos Amigos restaurant downtown. Check the website for details.
- The next license exam session will be Thursday, December 12, at the Red Cross building.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:00.
Before the meeting, Bob Oesterlin (NØEST) presented a talk prepared by Tony Drumm (AAØSM) on "Advanced APRS". Tony had been called out of town by work, and Bob had to leave early, so the program had to be given first. It was an excellent program in spite of the scheduling difficulties, describing the underlying organization of the APRS repeater network and some of its less well-known capabilities.
Submitted by Peter N8MHD.
| Return to Meetings Page | Return to Main Page |