RARC Meeting Minutes - February 2003
The February meeting of the Rochester Amateur Radio Club was called to order at
7:00pm, Tuesday 2/11/03, by President Fred Regennitter (K4IU), with 34 members and guests present.
- Minutes from the January meeting were approved as
posted on the web site.
- Treasurer's Report by Bob (KCØGND):
Major transactions this period (from 12/10/02):
- 501c3 donations - $79.08
- 2003 dues - $1170.00
- Telephones - $74.72
- '.82 Repairs paid - $117.92
- Insurance claim income for '.82 - $558.81
- RPU - $42.00
- Technical Committee - Stew (WØSHL):
- The .82 repeater is up as of Thurs. 9:00, and putting out over 100 watts. If you hear any problems, let John or Stew know.
- The .625 repeater is working well for now. Pat (NØADQ) will propose a replacement plan next month.
- Voice over IP, EchoLink: a control op is now needed to avoid unlicensed access through the internet, so it is up only when someone is monitoring.
- Bill (KØRGR) has been added as a new Tech Committee member.
- Public Service - John (NØHZN):
- See the web site calendar for events. For the Rochesterfest Parade, police coverage will be limited, and they may need more radio coverage than in the past.
- ARES - Steve (WØSTV):
- A new schedule of net control ops is in place starting March, and a new preamble.
- The Department of Emergency Management, MN, is developing a packet net, which looks to be well designed. The EOC will have nodes. ATV is being promoted.
- Mayo ARES has a new manager, and will start rebuilding. They will require participation, 2 activities a year.
- Skywarn training will be March 26 at Diggers in Kasson.
- Red cross Damage Assessment courses are coming up. Remember that a video introductory course must be completed first.
- We need someone to take NTS messages, which come out of Winona.
- Membership - John (KØKTY):
- The Member Survey results are posted on the web site.
- A folder is available to hand out to prospective members.
- There are now 115 members, approximately 77 paid. Next month, the no-pays will start being dropped.
- VE License testing will be March 13, at the Red Cross building.
- Glenn Johnson (WØGJ) is back in Bhutan.
- Joe (KBØRZW) asks for ideas for promoting amateur radio, and offers his help with demonstrations, particularly at large public events.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:50.
Following the meeting, Neil (WØVLZ) and Tony (AAØSM) presented a program on kits and kitbuilding.
Submitted by Peter N8MHD.
| Return to Meetings Page | Return to Main Page |