RARC Meeting Minutes - January 2003
The January meeting of the Rochester Amateur Radio Club was called to order at
7:00pm, Tuesday 1/14/03, by President Fred Regennitter (K4IU), with 33 members and guests present.
- Minutes from the December meeting were approved as
posted on the web site.
- Treasurer's Report by Bob (KCØGND): A summary of the year's cash flow has been prepared, and is
available to all club members. Anyone who wishes to see it may contact one of the officers.
- Technical Committee - John (NØHZN): There was no meeting this month, since most members were out of town. Ongoing committee items:
- The .82 repeater is working except for the voice interface, and that should be fixed this week, hopefully.
- Pat (NØADQ) is continuing to gather information for the .625 repeater replacement.
- The Echolink connection has been modified/improved a little.
- Public Service - John (NØHZN):
- Memorial Day weekend begins the season. Check the web site calendar for events.
- ARES - Steve (WØSTV):
- A new schedule is being made for net control operators, and there is a new preamble.
- OMC is setting up a radio station at their hospital. OMC has lots of satellite clinics in the region, and communications needs are different from Mayo.
- A statewide 2 meter packet network is being set up. The EOC here will be putting in 2 nodes (2 frequencies). We are an alternate control center for the state.
- Any ARES member who isn't receiving email regularly from Steve should send him a note at WØSTV@arrl.net.
- Membership - John (KØKTY):
- There are now 114 members. Only 67 have paid their dues for 2003. 9 members have no email. There were 28 new members in 2002, 14 from classes.
- A survey about members' activities and interests was passed out. This is being repeated from two years ago. Results will be described at the next meeting.
- A Red Cross Damage Assessment Course is coming up Wednesday 1/29, 6-10pm. Registration is required.
- The North American QSO Party is this weekend; the MN QSO party is February 1, and the IBM QSO party is Feb. 1 and 15. Check the web site calendar for details.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:45.
Following the meeting, Terry (WØVB) and Mel (KCØP) presented a program on VHF/UHF contesting, specifically encouraging members to participate, as a club, in the ARRL January VHF Sweepstakes, this weekend. We want to have 51 or more entries to qualify for the Unlimited Club category. Get logs to the contest committee before the February club meeting. Good luck to all!
Submitted by Peter N8MHD.
| Return to Meetings Page | Return to Main Page |