RARC Meeting Minutes - April 2005
The April meeting of the Rochester Amateur Radio Club was called to order at
7:00pm, Tuesday 4/12/05, by President Eric Van Norman (KFØS), with 34 members and guests present.
- March minutes were deferred, because of a question about which month's treasurer's report had been included.
- Treasurer's Report by Bob (KCØGND):
Major transactions this period:
- 2005 Dues: +$505.00
- IBM United Way: +50.60
- RPU (2Q05 pre-pay): -$51.00
- Technical committee - Rob (KCØFOW):
- There was no meeting this month.
- The repeaters are all fine. The old 82 repeater was swapped in, and is not great but is working. The temperature monitor is being installed.
- A cleaning party is needed for the 82 repeater site. It will be announced on the Sunday night net when it gets scheduled.
- BPL - Mel (KCØP):
- There will be a City Council meeting March 28. RPU has asked for bids, and the plan is that RPU will get a fee for pole usage and the successful bidder will pay for everything. An alternative to BPL is WiFi, and we can ask our council representatives to go this route instead, like Madison or the Minneapolis suburbs.
- Membership - John (KØKTY):
- We have 12 new members, and 138 total (but 27 remained unpaid at the end of March).
- The next tech class will be October 1 and 8.
- Public Service - John (NØHZN):
- The Med City marathon is May 29, and Art Daniels will be managing it. He will need 15-20 operators. Diabetes Tour de Cure June 4, Rochester Y Ride June 18. Check the web site for the schedule.
- ARES - Bob (ABØBW):
- Many people have sent in forms for new membership cards. Pictures will be needed.
- The Sunday night net needs control ops in the next few months.
- Bob (ABØBW) is still looking for 1 more person to share at Dayton, May 19 through May 22.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:40pm.
This was Kit Building Night, organized by BJ (KCØNPF), and 8 builders had worked on a wide variety of kits starting at 5:30. Also, Bill (KØRGR) demonstrated how to assemble and solder a coax connector.
Submitted by Peter (N8MHD).
| Return to Meetings Page | Return to Main Page |