RARC Meeting Minutes - January 2005
The October meeting of the Rochester Amateur Radio Club was called to order at
7:00pm, Tuesday 1/11/05, by President Eric Van Norman (KFØS), with 35 members and guests present.
- December minutes were approved. October and November minutes were also approved, if they hadn't been before.
- Treasurer's Report by Bob (KCØGND): The annual report was posted on the web site, and a summary will be placed in next month's minutes.
- Technical committee - Rob (KCØFOW):
- Stew (WØSHL) has resigned as chair of the Tech Committee. Rob (KC0FOW) is the new chair. Meetings will continue to be the Monday before the monthly Tuesday meeting, at 7:00pm at the Red Cross building.
- BPL - Fred (K4IU):
- A new announcement from RPU appeared December 10. It is hard to interpret, but may indicate that deployment has stalled out.
- Membership - John (KØKTY):
- We have a new member, which brings the membership total to 124. Only half have paid this year's dues.
- A membership interest survey is on the web, or can be filled out on paper and sent in. Results will be presented next month.
- The next Technician class is coming up in February.
- Public Service - John (NØHZN):
- The Frozen Goose Relay will be February 5, and 5 or so people are needed for it. After that, the normal schedule follows, starting with the Tour de Cure. The schedule of events for the next several months is on the web site.
- DX - Stew (WØSHL):
- Lots of Dx is available, but some is now shut down, doing emergency communications for the Indian government. They may be able to operate again later.
- In 2004, 240 countries were reported on the air.
- ARES - Bob (ABØBW):
- Bob (ABØBW) is the new EC. AEC's are needed for Mayo and OMC.
- Milk bottle tops from Kwik Trip are still being collected -- bring them in.
- A group is gathering at Mel's QTH for the ARRL Phone Sweepstakes.
- Can we get a team together for the VHF Sweepstakes?
- Kit Build Night will be held on a Thursday night in February or March, probably at the Red Cross building.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:47pm.
Brad Phelps (KCØQVH) presented a program on J-pole antennas.
Submitted by Peter (N8MHD).
| Return to Meetings Page | Return to Main Page |