RARC Meeting Minutes - October 2005
The October meeting of the Rochester Amateur Radio Club was called to order at
7:00pm, Tuesday 10/11/05, by President Eric Van Norman (KFØS), with 17 members and guests present.
- Meeting Minutes
September minutes were prepared, but vanished into email purgatory. They will be posted as soon as possible.
- Treasurer's Report
Major transactions this period:
- IBM United Way: +$50.60
- RPU 4Q05: -$80.00
- Technical committee - John (NØHZN):
- There was good attendance at the Tech Committee meeting this month. Meetings of the Tech committee are open to anyone.
- The .82 repeater power supply in the amplifier needs to be pulled and repaired.
- The WØMXW-2 digipeater is intermittently deaf, and we would like to buy a new radio for it. It was moved, seconded, and passed, that the committee may buy a radio for up to $350, on their judgement.
- Programs - Bill (KØRGR):
- The November program will be Software Defined Radios, by Terry (WØVB), and December will be the annual party. Dos Amigos will be the site, if it's available.
- Membership - John (KØKTY):
- We now have 125 members. Dues for 2006 may be paid to the treasurer.
- The Technician Class went well October 1 and 8.
- Short videos have now been made of Walter Cronkite (this one is ARRL), Stew (WØSHL), Niel (WØVLZ), Terry (WØVB), Steve (WØSTV), and Mel (KCØP).
- Public Service:
- Nothing is happening now, the Frozen Goose is next, in February.
- ARES - Bob (ABØBW):
- Skywarn has been active, and the Centurion was September 17.
- There will be a Skywarn wrapup at Diggers, 7pm. Last year this session was really good -- get there if you can.
- Steve (WØSTV): The EOC van has been rewired and refurbished. It will be a multi-use vehicle. It will be open to anybody, but you must go through the County Sheriff to use it.
- The bequest from R. V. Ehrick has been picked up. Some things can be put on the web site for sale, and lots remains to be checked out. The club hired a truck (for $300) to take down the tower, and the expense was approved. What to do with the equipment will be discussed further.
- Lowell Anderson's family is not ready to act on that bequest.
- John (NØHZN) and Steve (WØSTV) are the nominating committee for next year's officers.
- Niel (WØVLZ) was featured in a Post-Bulletin article. It has been posted on the web site.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:41 pm.
The program was by Greg Opdahl, KCØEEU, on the Civil Air Patrol, which is the US Air Force Auxiliary.
Submitted by Peter (N8MHD).
| Return to Meetings Page | Return to Main Page |