RARC Meeting Minutes - July 2006
The July meeting of the Rochester Amateur Radio Club was called to order at
7:01pm, Tuesday 7/11/06, by President Eric Van Norman (KFØS). There were approx 25 members present.
Membership - Bob (KC0GND):
- Meeting Minutes
The May Minutes were approved, the June minutes were not posted as of meeting time.
- Treasurer's Report
Major transactions this period:
|CD @ 3.92%:
||$ 4000.00 (self insurred repeater fund)
- Salvage Equipment Sales: +$490.65
- Donations: -$300
- Test Equipment: -$127.04 Field Day (not all reciepts in yet)
- Stands at 115 members this month
Field Day - Brad (AI0BP):
- Technical committee - Rob (KCØFOW):
- There was no tech committee meeting this month.
- Programs - Bill (KØRGR):
- July: Harris HF amplifiers
- August: Club picnic
- September: Red cross class on Damage Assessment, take "Introduction to disaster" online first. 2+ hour class, we'll have a short Business Meeting.
- Public Service - John (NØHZN):
- John N0HZN presented a newer reflective safety vest. We need 15 people to purchase in order to get the group rate.
- no events in July
- There is a potential for new events this year, watch the website for details.
- ARES - Bob (ABØBW):
- Make sure you're registered, registration available online
- There is a need for more net control opperators for the sunday night ARES net.
- Your ARES ID cards expire at the end of this year. There will be new ones issued next year.
- EOC - Steve (W0STV):
- BPL - Mel KC0P
- Contests/DX - Stew (WØSHL):
- 6m was open last weekend, other than that no report.
- We're waiting on one last station log before we total the scores. Check the website.
- An e-mail from Eric was sent out to all club members. If you didn't get it, see Erick KF0S.
- The membership page has been updated.
- Batteries Plus gives RARC members a discount, show license and mention RARC membership.
- Bill K0RGR mentions that we might impliment a Mentorship program for incoming hams who take the RARC Technician class.
- Need more VE's Get Registered!
- lots of hams on the space station this time around
The meeting was adjourned at 7:21 p.m.
The program this month was Neil W0VLZ on Vintage Homebrew
Submitted by BJ (KC0NPF).
| Return to Meetings Page | Return to Main Page |