RARC Meeting Minutes - May 2006
The May meeting of the Rochester Amateur Radio Club was called to order at
6:59pm, Tuesday 5/9/06, by President Eric Van Norman (KFØS).
A thankyou note was mailed to N7EF, Don for his $50 donation.
- Meeting Minutes
The April Minutes were approved
- Treasurer's Report
Major transactions this period:
|CD @ 3.92%:
||$ 4000.00 (self insurred repeater fund)
- 2006 Dues: +$65.00
- Donations: +$124.20
- Test Equipment: -$262.60 (Swr meter)
- Technical committee - Rob (KCØFOW):
- There was no tech committee meeting this month Due to Skywarn.
- There is a new repeater in Wabashaw on 146.745Mhz with a 136.5hz PL tone
- Programs - Bill (KØRGR):
- June: Field Day and Contest Strategies by N8MHD
- July: ?
- August: Club picnic
- September: Red cross class on Damage Assessment, take "Introduction to disaster" online first.
- Membership - Brad (KC0QVH):
- We recieved $65 more in dues, next month there will be discussion on who takes over duties for membership
- Public Service - John (NØHZN):
- June 17 is the Y-ride, check the Event Calender.
- Rochesterfest is field day weekend this year, June 23rd.
- June 24 is the Quarry Hill Triathlon, supposed to be a very short event
- There is a potential for new events this year, watch the website for details.
- ARES - Bob (ABØBW):
- Make sure you're registered, registration available online
- EOC - Steve (W0STV):
- The EOC is adding APRS and eventually ATV.
- The IMES van is not becoming a ham vehicle, instead some ham gear will go in the new EM-50
- BPL - Mel KC0P
- The visit to Tx has been canceled
- RPU looked, mostly 'vaporware'
- There may be another trial in Rochester soon with Corinex/Motorola gear.
- They rely more on fiber-optics and wifi.
- Still not the "ARRL Approved" gear.
- Homeplug compatible
- Contests/DX - Stew (WØSHL):
- No contest/dx information available
The program this month was Neil W0VLZ on Vintage Homebrew
Submitted by BJ (KC0NPF).
| Return to Meetings Page | Return to Main Page |