RARC Meeting Minutes - October 2006
The October meeting of the Rochester Amateur Radio
Club was called to order at 7:00pm, Tuesday 10/10/06, by President Eric
Van Norman (KFØS). There were approx 28 members present.
- Treasurer's Report
|CD @ 5.00% (repeater
- Bob (KCØGND):
- Major transactions this period:
- IBM United Way +44.80
- RP U(4Q) -$75.00
- Stands at 115 members this month
- Technical committee - Rob (KCØFOW):
- The only issue noted is that the 146.82
repeater might have an issue with the antenna and wind. There has been
an issue with coverage on the few of the Sunday evening nets.
- Programs - Bill (KØRGR):
- October: Digital Update – Winlink, EchoLink,
- November: Brad Phelps, AIØBP, on "Doing
More With Amateur Radio for Less"
- December: Holiday party at Victoria's.
- Public Service - John (NØHZN):
- No events until Feb. Watch the website for
- ARES - Bob (ABØBW):
- Make sure you're registered, registration
- Your ARES ID cards expire at the end of this
year. There will be new ones issued next year.
- The FAA drill went well. Some clitches with
- EOC - Steve (WØSTV):
- During the FAA Drill debrief, ARES and Amateur
Radio was given a thumbs up.
- The EOC is currently being rebuilt from the
floor up. Hopefully by the end of the year, there will be a second copy
of the downtown EOC which can be used as backup.
- The IAMS van has been decommissioned and is
being converted for the Dive team.
- 2m RARC contest results:
KCØGND - Most
NØMGY - Longest FM Contact (~80
AIØBP - Longest Unlimited
Current plans are for a Sping class on the
Saturdays of March 3 and 10.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:14 p.m.
The program this month was Bill, KØRGR giving
a Digital Update – Winlink, EchoLink, DStar.
Submitted by Eric (KFØS).
| Return to Meetings Page | Return to Main Page |